Government College for Women, Mahendergarh has established a Career Counseling & Placement Cell in college as per directions of the Higher Education Department. The objective of the cell is to support students in the development of soft skills and communication ability to challenge the rigors of competitive test. The Placement Cell plays a crucial role in locating job opportunities for Under Graduate and Post Graduate students passing out from the college by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments.
Activities performed by cell:-
1. The Career Counseling & Placement Cell Organises Career Guidance Lectures on various themes.
2. The Career Counseling & Placement Cell maintains a library of competitive books and magazines for various exams.
3. The Career Counseling & Placement Cell Provides platform to the students to participate in zonal job fair training programme before visit to Job Fair.
4. The Career Counseling & Placement Cell Grooms and trains candidates for placements so that their chances of selection increase during campus placement.
5. After zonal job fair training, visits to the zonal job fair is organized by the Department of higher education Haryana under the aegis of placement cell where companies come for campus placement. General follow-up, joining formalities and other administrative activities are completed for campus placement.
6. It is the duty of the Career Counseling & Placement Cell in college to guide and teach students for grooming, interview, interview assessment etc. so that the students can get maximum benefits. The guidelines provided by the placement cell coordinators are changed from time to time to increase the outcome.
In-charge Career Counseling & Placement Cell:
Sh. Bijender Kumar, Assistant Professor of Public Administration